EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases - all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation's largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
The Technical Support Representative I specializes in performing technical support of EBSCO software and solutions by providing technical support assistance to internal and external clients. Using various problem identification skills, the Technical Support Rep I diagnoses problems, identifies solutions, and drives issues to resolution. The Technical Support Rep I must work with other internal organizations to communicate, prioritize, and advocate on behalf of the customer. The Technical Support Representative I must communicate action plans to both client(s) and internal customers as appropriate.
- Effectively utilize customer support skills to maintain a positive working relationship between sales, its customers and partners
- Demonstrate positive customer support skills validated by maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction
- Provide first line diagnostic/troubleshooting support and technical expertise via phone and email to ensure customer satisfaction
- Answer customer questions and inquiries across entire suite of EBSCO products
- Perform problem determination / problem source identification to understand the root cause of a customer's issue
- Collaborate and negotiate with other support operations/organizations to prioritize and diagnose problems to resolution
- Instruct clients with explanation of product features, installation, configuration, and deployment of product upgrades both verbally and in writing
- Communicate action plans to the client or EBSCO representative as appropriate
- Troubleshoot and resolve specific product related issues while maximizing customer satisfaction
- Conduct independent research in order to find solutions to customer problems
- Contributes to department attainment of organizational objectives and high client satisfaction
- Able to effectively communicate and present technical concepts to both technical and non-technical professionals.
- Makes customers and their needs a primary focus. Develops and sustains productive customer relationships.
- Able to produce significant output with minimal waste.
- Adjusts quickly to shifting priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change, while maintaining focus on priorities.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience in Customer Support or call center environment
- 1 Year of Experience in web technology and software applications.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Strong organization skills a must
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Bachelor's Degree in the field or 2 Years equivalent experience
- Positive Attitude
- Good Judgement
- Open Communication
- Desire to Make an Impact
- Eager to Understand
- Team Player
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
View EEO PDF