|Clearance Required||No clearance required|
|Type||Part Time - Intermittent hours|
|Minimum Education Required||Bachelor's Degree|
The candidate shall hold a BS Degree in Aerospace Engineering from an accredited university or college, and have experience in flying fixed-wing UAS with 8-10 ft wingspans. This position is for intermittent part-time and occasional weekend work piloting a 9-foot-wingspan UAS at Prince George's Radio Control Club (PGRC), wherein the piloting mission schedule varies according to weather conditions. A vigorous work schedule is anticipated between November 24 and December 3, 2020, followed by no work for the remainder of December, and intermittent work thereafter.
1. Practice flying all 3 Swallow UAS (SUAS) to achieve operational proficiency in Manual and Autonomous modes of operation, including SUAS-1 (AIFMS and Pixhawk-equipped plus manual mode), and SUAS-2 and 3 (Pixhawk with manual and automated waypoint following)
2. Support AIFMS Project Lead in planning collision avoidance and UAS fault-response missions, and travel to PGRC flight test facility to support scheduled flight tests.
3. Operate ADSB-equipped quadrotor drone during collision avoidance tests.
4. Operate SUAS-1 or SUAS-2 during Swallow-based collision-avoidance tests, formation flights and UAS fault-response missions, including entry and exit of autonomous flight modes and triggering of SUAS-1 inflight anomalies.
1. Able to safely fly moderate-size fixed-wing UAS (9-ft wingspan, 15 Kg takeoff mass)
2. Plan & implement UAS missions using QgroundControl software running on a laptop computer ground station.
Standing while operating joystick handset for UAS flight and mission mode control
Millennium offers a comprehensive benefits package. Millennium is An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Millennium does not discriminate on any basis prohibited by applicable law including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, citizenship status, or Vietnam era or special disabled veteran's status in recruitment, employment, promotion, compensation, benefits, or training. It is also Millennium's policy to maintain a work environment free from discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.
Millennium participates in the E-Verify program.