The Human Resources Intern will assist the team with a variety of HR functions, with a primary focus on recruiting, onboarding, and departure tasks. The HR Intern will also assist with different HR projects. In this position, the intern will learn how to take the skills acquired in school and provide direct exposure and experience to the HR field.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job responsibilities.
- Posts job advertisements to job boards and social media platforms.
- Screens resumes and application forms to identify suitable candidates to fill company job vacancies.
- Organizes interviews and follow-up as appropriate.
- Processes new hires and terminations.
- Submits pre-employment background, DMV, and E-Verify checks.
- Validates employee data in the Human Resources Information System.
- Audits, verifies, and maintains I-9 documentation.
- Assists with HR projects.
- Processes employment verification requests.
- Assists with HR audits to maintain compliance.
- Manages administrative responsibilities including office supply management, mail/special delivery, guests/visitors, and other admin functions as needed.
- Assists with the birthday and anniversary program.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum qualifications include the following:
- Studying toward a degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or related field.
- Working knowledge of U.S. labor laws.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including SharePoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams and PowerPoint.
- Ability to maintain confidential information and use discretion.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High attention to detail and organization.
- Ability to share knowledge and work in a team-oriented environment.
- Experience in an office environment.
- Understands the full-cycle recruitment process.
- 25-30 hours a week. Days and hours can vary but must be during business hours Monday-Friday.
- Develop experience working on a variety of HR projects.
- Gain exposure to a fast-paced, collaborative office environment.
- Compensation available.
- Schedule flexibility.
We are an EOE/AA/DISABILITY/VETERANS/GENDER NEUTRAL employer. Historically underrepresented candidates strongly encouraged to apply.