Business Title:Maintenance Mechanic/Electrician Location: St. Charles, IL
Position Summary: Smithfield Foods Packaged Meats Division is currently looking for a Maintenance Mechanic at our dry sausage manufacturing facility in St. Charles, Illinois. Key Accountabilities: Industrial maintenance mechanic/electrician performs routine, pro-active, corrective and preventative maintenance in a commercial consumer packaged goods facility. Must be able to work third shift (10:30pm to 7am- start times may vary) with frequent weekend overtime.
• Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance
repairs of production equipment during machine service.
• Prepares and sets up machinery for scheduled production runs.
• Performs mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair
of packaging and production machines.
• Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
• Comply with OSHA Safety and Health rules.
• Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
• High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
• Technical training; Experience in troubleshooting electrical, mechanical, PLC and pneumatic systems
• 2+ years of related experience in packing machines/production machines
• Must be physically able to perform the essential elements of the job as determined by the Company, including lifting up to 50
pounds and climbing ladders and stairs.
• Must be able to perform basic math calculations and read and write English at least at 8th grade level.
• Must obtain satisfactory score on maintenance technology skill assessment Wage Structure: (testing is required at each level): Entry Level: $24.07 per hour / Level 1: $26.46 per hour / Level 2: $28.85(shift differential +.20 per hour) Disclaimer This position description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principle job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required. Qualified candidates for the position can apply on-line at www.smithfieldfoods.com/careers or email your resume to: email@example.com. WHY DO I WANT TO WORK AT SMITHFIELD FOODS? At Smithfield Foods Packaged Meats Division we are always looking for talented associates. We are committed to recruit, retain and promote employees with a diversity of backgrounds and life experiences. We seek individuals with outstanding characteristics of leadership and a bias toward action. The successful applicant should desire a broad base exposure to all aspects within the business enterprise while taking pride in ownership of results within a cross functional team.
Smithfield Foods Packaged Meats Division is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with disability. Smithfield Foods Packaged Meats Division participates in the E-Verify program.
Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.